Employees of Microsoft customer organizations need extensive Microsoft licensing and cloud knowledge to be able to consult their internal stakeholders, optimize licensing expense or negotiate with Microsoft. This seminar is targeted at IT Managers, Software Asset Management staff, license managers, procurement officers and other individuals who deal with Microsoft licensing and cloud (corporate and governmental customers).
Employees of Microsoft and Microsoft channel partners cannot attend this seminar and better register for the Microsoft and Partner Licensing Training.
After this intensive three-day seminar you will be able to:
- Minimize chances of under-licensing and other kinds of non-compliance
- Avoid over-licensing and over-expense
- Prepare signing new or renewing agreements
- Prepare for digital innovation (Cloud, outsourcing, hybrid solutions, etc).
Topics on the agenda (summary, download PDF curriculum for full display):
- Legal base of Microsoft licensing
- Licensing affiliates and subsidiaries
- Key resources (i.e. Product Terms and Online Services Terms) explanation and demo
- Client licensing (Windows 11, cloud desktop, Office, Visio and Project desktop applications)
- Visual Studio development tools, including acceptance and test environments
- Server Licensing (Windows Server, System Center, Office Servers (Exchange, SharePoint, etc.) SQL Server, CAL and CAL Suite licensing)
- Moving Server workloads to Azure, AWS and other providers or outsourcers
- Online Services (tenants, Azure, Hybrid Benefits, Reservations, Azure Savings Plan, Prepayment, Microsoft 365, Office 365, Windows 365, Microsoft Security Solutions, Power Platform licensing, EM+S), transitioning to online services scenario’s
- Commercial Licensing Programs, including licensing affiliates and the audit clause
- Commercial Licensing for Large Organizations (MBSA, MPSA, Enterprise Agreement, EA/EAS, SCE, Microsoft Customer Agreement)
€ 1.550 Early Bird rate per attendee (available until six weeks prior to training session, no cancellation or refund).
€ 1.940 Regular rate per attendee
Dates and locations
Delivery in English
August 29 – August 31, 2023 (Tuesday-Thursday)
Helsinki, Finland (venue location to be published)
For training delivery in Dutch, click here.